Bossy color is the Washington area’s only full-service design firm specializing in curated interiors. Drawing from the museum experience and design expertise of our Principal Designer, Annie Elliott, we edit what you have, acquire what you need, and design a home you’ll love – in color.
Our strategic use of color and pattern ensures that your home won’t look like anyone else’s. Your priorities drive the budget, and your passions help us create a home that’s 100% you.
Our services. Depending on your needs, we will:
- Create a cohesive color palette for your home
- Design furniture plans that combine new and existing pieces
- Purchase furniture, rugs, light fixtures, and accessories from the Washington Design Center, local retailers, antique shops, and online sources
- Recommend window treatments and supervise their fabrication and installation
- Help you purchase new art and place the artwork you have
- Work with contractors, architects, carpenters, upholsterers, wallpaper hangers, window treatment fabricators, and other tradespeople on your behalf
For more information, please fill out our contact form, and we’ll call you to discuss your project.
Our process. After our conversation, we’ll send you rates and references, and then we’ll schedule a two-hour initial meeting at your home, for which there is a flat fee. (We’ll send you a questionnaire in advance so we can hit the ground running.)
During that initial meeting, we’ll discuss your lifestyle, the challenges your space presents, and how you’d like your home to feel. We’ll review any design magazines or books you’ve flagged and spend time taking photographs, notes, and key measurements.
We then will send you a Letter of Agreement that includes a scope of work and deliverables. Once that’s signed and returned with a retainer, we begin.
We love what we do, and we look forward to working with you.